Tuesday 27 August 2013

Update!

The final casting process is finished and the rehearsals went well so far. I'm even learning a small waltz choreography for the title song of Beauty and the Beast and a mermaid choreography for Under the Sea . I have to admit that I'm much more of a singer than a dancer but as I'm very dedicated and practice a lot, I hope that the result will be fine :-) There are about 2 months left and it's time to start with the costumes!!! On my to-do list I have 5 mermaid costumes (for the two of us playing Ariel and alternating as mersisters and three other girls playing mersisters) , 1 ballgown for Belle and several other stuff that has to be finished for the shows. As there are five mermaid tails that I need to finish before the deadline in about three weeks, I decided to abandon the idea of the Broadway replica and to try with something easier and less time consuming. We decided on a simpler design and found a pattern to go with.
It's Simplicity 4043 mermaid Costume. We will only be doing the mermaidtail and combine it with seashell, starfish or coral bra. We already got all the fabrics and notions and I will start sewing today!

No comments:

Post a Comment